You’re Invited! Community Water Festival
April 2, 2023
Community Water Festival & Showcase
Walnut Valley Water District (WVWD) happily invites community members to its first-ever Community Water Festival! The Community Water Festival is a free, community outreach event focused on educating residents of all ages on environmental stewardship and the District’s commitment to providing safe, quality drinking water. This event was developed in partnership with the Chinese-American Association of Walnut (CAAW).
When: Saturday, April 22nd from 9:30 am to 2:00 pm
Where: WVWD Headquarters (271 S. Brea Canyon Road, Walnut, CA 91789).
- Kids Activity Station
- Flume water monitoring device raffle
- Rachio Smart Sprinkler Controller raffle
- California Native Garden Tour
- Vendor Fairs featuring the City of Diamond Bar, the City of Walnut, EcoTech Landscape Services, the Real Hens of OC, and Green Media Creations.
- Interactive exhibits and live demonstrations will focus on drought awareness, water-use efficiency, and environmental stewardship to educate residents of all ages.
- Giveaways include Boba, Afters ice cream, and much more.
Featured community partners of this event include Suzanne Middle School’s Chinese American Parent Association, the Diamond Bar Chinese American Association, the Rowland Heights Community Coordinating Council, and the Southern California Chinese American Environmental Protection Association.
WVUSD and RUSD Teachers & Students Receive Over $3,500 From Local Water Utility – Walnut Valley Water District
Apr 06, 2023
Walnut, CA (April 6, 2023) - Walnut Valley Water District (WVWD) distributes over $3,500 in…
Education Team Facilitates “Water Tower Challenge” STEAM Activity During National Engineers Week
Feb 27, 2023
Walnut, CA (February 27, 2023) – Walnut Valley Water District (WVWD) facilitated a hands-on STEAM…
Walnut Valley Water District Promotes Steam Education During National Engineers Week
Feb 24, 2020
District activities included classroom presentations and one-on-ones with localstudents to promote opportunities within the engineer…