Media Contest entries are now closed
What is the High School Media Contest
The High School Media Contest is promoted to high schools located within the District service area. The District will accept video entries following the theme “Be a Water Saving Hero“.
Winners will receive $250, $200, $150, or $100!
How do I participate in the High School Media Contest?
Students in grades 9-12 are eligible to participate. Students enter the contest by creating their own media campaign following the District’s contest theme and guidelines.
All entries must be submitted online. NO LATER THAN Friday, Monday, March 6, 2023.
**If you are unable to submit your entry online, the following options are available to you:
Mail the entry to the District
271 S Brea Canyon Rd., Walnut, CA 91789
Drop off at the District’s Administration Building
This is located at the back of the building
Submit in a USB drive with the “Official Entry Form”
Mailed and dropped off submissions must be on a USB drive and include the “Official Entry Form”
What are the contest rules?
Media submissions are those developed to facilitate the wireless distribution of audio and video content.
- Media must be between 30 – 60 seconds in length
- Entries that do not meet or exceed the time limit will be disqualified
- Use of copyright materials is allowed with express written permission by the copyright owner (Examples of copyright materials include music, video clips, and images)
- Written approval must be submitted with your entry
- Media video to be submitted in MP4 format
Qualified media entries can receive bonus points if posted on Instagram Reels or TikTok –
- MUST tag and follow @WVWDH2O on Instagram and TikTok
- Social media accounts must be listed as public
- The entry that has the most views on Instagram Reels or TikTok will receive a $25 gift card